Sunday, February 19, 2012

MyGlam February Bag

Many may know already how big of a fan I am when it comes to makeup. I have all varieties of eye liners, eye shadows, mascaras, foundation, powder, lip sticks/glosses... you got the idea.

Recently I am subscribed to Michelle Phan's new MyGlam business and have one glam bag shipped to me every month for the price of 10 dollars. Each month, the glam bag will contain a few sample or full size products in a little cute bag. And for this month, I received this cutie!

The bag contains:
  • A sample size X Out Shine Control moisturizer
  • A full size NYX Roll On Shimmer
  • A sample size Premier Dead Sea Cinderella Mask
  • A sample size Freeman Facial Mask Sachets
  • A $100 Gift Card at NuMe Professional Styling Tools and Hair Extensions

One a side note, I absolutely love this cute little makeup bag! I am deciding whether it should be my night-out makeup bag or my work-day makeup bag.

And this is what I came up with, using the nude color Roll On Shimmer from NYX and the X Out Shine Control moisturizer as the lotion base.

I used the shimmer as an eye shadow but soon I realize that the shimmer thins out very quickly. I used dark brown, medium brown, nude, and white on my eyes to create a very natural look. I then applied a layer of the pink-ish nude color shimmer on the inner corners extending it to the middle part of my eyelids, and eventually blended out everything and applied my favorite eyeliner and mascara.

On the rest of my face, I used concealer, mineral powder, and bronzer; and for my lips, I used a combination of a red color and pink color for shadowing for an effect for fuller lips.

I can't really say I have a favorite item from this bag and I was expecting better high-end or more full size products, like the ones that were given out from earlier glam bags. However, for the price of 10 dollars a month, I am willing to stay and see how MyGlam will improve in the future.

I'm looking forward to the March glam bag.