Monday, September 10, 2012

Another birthday; Another year

Happy birthday, Miss Annie!

A lot has happened since last birthday and I had definitely let myself down this past year. I was very absorbed in my sadness and I was too stubborn to believe that I deserve to be happy as well.

This year I have learned a lot. I learned that happiness doesn't come easy. A happy family and a successful career doesn't come without a cost; and often, the trade-offs are between the two. I have lost my balance in work and life for this past year. I rarely come home for dinner due to late hours working and I rarely come home with a smile. On the other hand, I almost never go to work being well rested and I often feel stress piling on my emotions and body with such irregular eating and resting schedule.

This year's birthday, I am not wishing or asking for much, but I really hope for a good balance in work and life. I want to be able to spend time and eat dinner with my family while also be able to go to work and achieve more with even greater efficiency.

I also wish to find out the rigth path for my life. I am currently very lost and I cannot say that I'm not worried. I'm worried that I will be lost for the rest of my life and achieve nothing at the end. I hope that this year, I will find what I love and go after it with bravery and passion.

And at last, I don't wish to lose 20 lbs or have a prettier face anymore. I only wish to love myself more. I wish to find the simple happiness in life that can let me be myself. I am truly thankful for those who have told me and those who kept on reminding me that I am pretty with or without makeup.

Life isn't simple; but, I simply want it to be meaningful.

Happy 24th, my dear Annie.