Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cheap Discovery- e.l.f (eyelipsface) Duo Eye Shadow Cream- Review

I recently decided to try out a makeup brand called elf (short for: eye lips face). I came across their website from a friend's recommendation for the brand's good quality brushes. When I was browsing around the site, I was instantly shocked by the amount of good review they receive from customers for all kind of products.


I just couldn't resist when it comes to makeup and because of the cheap prices, I didn't even try resisting my desire to shop. I brought a few different products from e.l.f. and the picture above is the Duo Eye Shadow Cream, in color (on top) Black Licorice, (bottom left) Butter Pecan, (bottom right) Sugar Cookie. All color sets come in two different colors which complement each other.

I have so far only tried Butter Pecan and Sugar Cookie. Both color sets are gorgeous with one color being shimmery with some glitter mixed in and another color being the darker color to contrast the highlighting color.



When I first used it, I used a brush, just like how you would normally do it with eyeshadow. The cream seems to be piled on instead of spreading. It gives me a very oily and sticky feel on my eyelids and it was very uncomfortable. I then tried to blend it out with eyeshadow to create a more demensions look, but the powder eyeshadow just sticked on instead of blend in and the outcome wasn't so great.

I then decided to used my finger instead of a brush for my second attempt. Much better but the colors are very soft. I can't do much blending as well because I'm trying to avoid the same oily and sticky feeling. I ended up having only one single color on my eye and I used powder eyeshadow to intensify the edges. Applying eyeliner was also very difficult. It was like skating on an oily floor.

At the end, I gave up applying eyeliner on my upper eyelid and just focused on my lower waterline where I have no eyeshadow cream on.

I wouldn't recommend this product because it's just too oily and difficult to use with other products. This product only costs a dollar but I guess it's true someone's that price is somewhat interdependent with quality.