Sunday, June 17, 2012

June's glam bag- MyGlam

I received my June's glam bag quite early this month and luckily there is no mistakes this time in the bag so there's no more back and forth with e-mail like the past 2 months.


This month's bag is a little different. It isn't the usual zipper makeup bag, but instead it's a clutch purse. I am quite disappointed with the amount of glitter that falls off the clutch purse and it smells disgustingly like dead fish. Re-using this clutch purse is almost impossible, or at least impossible to avoid having glitters all over clothes, floor, hands, and face. Although the bag is gorgeous to look at, but the practical use of it is almost zero. Big no-no on the bag this month.

Let's look at what's inside the bag this month.
  • Top-Left: Living Proof- Nourishing styling cream ($26.00US for 4oz., this is a 2oz. sample size)
    • This product is a good experimentation for me. I rarely use any products on my hair and I would love to see how this product can improve the dryness of my hair.
    • WARNING: the container is extremely sharp on the top. When I opened it for the first time, it gave me a very deep and long cut on my finger. ouch!
  • Top-Right: philosophy- take a deep breath oil-free energizing oxygen gel cream moisturizer (Sample size-- price unknown)
    • Very long name but this product is amazing. It leaves your skin with a very "light" feeling after application. It doesn't give you the oily or thick feelings like most of the other moisturizer. This product is very good for the humid, sweaty, and oil summer weather.
    • I may consider buy this in full size after this.
  • Bottom-Left: NYX- Round Lipstick, in color Chloe ($4.00)
    • I love the color. It's the bright pink that is just in fashion at the moment. Very smoothing for my lips as well.
    • I am looking to buy the other colors as well.
  • Bottom-Right: MARBELLA- Permanent Eyeliner Pen ($19.00)
    • According to the product introduction card that came along with the bag, it says that this pen is waterproof, smudge free, and long-last semi-permanent. It also says "don't use with lenses" on the product, which scares me because I am constantly wearing contacts.
    • I haven't tried this product yet but it seems like the reviews are a mixed of both negative and positive. While the positive reviews claim the eye liner to be long-lasting, the negative reviews say that the long-lasting is.. way too long-lasting.. it's almost impossible to remove it.
This month's products has a worth of approximately ($13+$4+$19)=$36 with a sample size philosophy moisturizer which I'm unable to give it an estimated price.

Great improvement, MyGlam! Can't wait to see July's glam bag!

xoxo