Thursday, March 8, 2012

Homemade strawberry mask

Many may not know, but this is my first winter in New York City since 5, 6 years ago. I spend 5 years in Buffalo through its crazy winter weather, coming back to New York City and spending a whole winter here is definitely something... not new, but very different.

Speaking of winter, despite the cold and the snow, the dryness on skin is probably another reason why I don't enjoy winter as much as I should. I have very dry and sensitive skin, and masks are often very expensive and they don't necessary always work well. After a dry winter with the heater always on, my skin is worse than it has ever been... well, that is until I found this lovely homemade strawberry-honey mask recipe.

Strawberry is a great source of salicylic acid, a key ingredient in many skin-care products for the treatment of acne, psoriasis, calluses, corns, keratosis pilaris, and warts. It helps to open clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, while preventing pores to clog again and allowing new cell growth on skin.

Basic Strawberry-Honey mask
  • 1 tsp of honey
  • 2 tsp of lukewarm water
  • a few crushed strawberries
  • 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil for Dry skin

Simply combine ingredients and make a strawberry paste and apply on face. Leave the paste on for about 15 to 20 minutes and rinse with your usual facial cleaning products and water.

Overview:

  • I tried this a few times already and my skin becomes very soft after this simple homemade mask. Strawberries aren't expensive and often you don't need a lot to make a mask paste. I usually apply the left-over on my hands and my hands would become very soft afterward, a hand that is soft and nice for my significant other to hold on to! <3

For a preventive anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory treatment, repeat daily for 1-2 weeks and continue with 1 to 3 times a week for general skin maintenance.

From Strawberry lover, visit their Facebook page!