Saturday, March 10, 2012

MyGlam March bag Opening and Review

It's middle of March and that means I should be expecting my glam bag anytime soon. When I came home on a Saturday night after an episode of crying in the afternoon, I came home to my March's glam bag package on the table in my living room. I did not wait an extra second before opening my March surprise.

This month is about repairing and restoring our winter-torn skin and hair and getting ready for a beautiful spring.

Here is a list of products/samples in the bag:
  • Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
  • Murad Eye Lift Perfector
  • DermStore $25 off $50 coupon
  • Pur-lisse Pur-Lip Comfort Daily Lip Nourisher
  • Keracolor Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment
  • Pink Crease Brush & Case
Overview:
  • This month's bag is fine. Not much better than last month's bag but also not much worse. Many of the samples are very small and the brand names are fairly new to me. However, I do like the cute little bag that surprises me every month and I really needed the Lip Nourisher since my lips have become so dry after winter.
  • The pink crease brush and case are also very nice. I especially like the brush case because I have plenty of 'homeless' brushes sitting around my desk. However, the brush seems to smell very weird and I will see if I would really want to use it or not after a wash.
Disappointments:
  • The first disappointment would be that this month included no makeup products. I was expecting a spring-color eyeshadow, or maybe a pink lipsticks, or maybe even a cute color nail polish. But that didn't happen this month.
  • The second disappointment would be that the sample sizes are very small and it is very difficult to really test out if a product is nice or not with such a small amount to sample.
By the way, I was chosen as one of the two winners for MyGlam's Facebook page February bag photo contest. This is the photo that I submitted,


Let's hope Spring will bring hope and happiness once again in my life. Looking forward to April's MyGlam bag!