Sunday, March 11, 2012

Once in a lifetime love


How many kinds of love exist out there?

According to my favorite book "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks, there is love that never die and only happens once in a lifetime. In the book, Noah and Allie was always meant to be. Although they separated for 14 years after a summer full of love, they found their ways back to each other. I first read the book when I was 18 years old, an age that I was full of love, hope, passion, and curiosity.

6 years later since I have read the book, I picked up my longtime favorite book recently again and started to read it again. The story was still beautiful but I also realized that the novel only focused on the beautiful part, or had I being only 18 years old only focused on the beautiful part at the time? I saw something different this time. After Allie broke up with Lon 3 weeks before their wedding day, I wonder how Lon's life had became. The love of his life, the one girl that he was going to marry in 3 weeks, left for someone who had not been in her life for 14 years. For Lon, his heart probably broke into unrecognizable pieces. I wonder if Lon was able to love again after Allie.

According to me, love existed but probably won't again in the future. I am not sure if love only happens once in a lifetime, but I am unable to even be happy. It has been nearly 6 months and I am still unable to move on. I still have no courage to throw out everything and delete all the pictures. I question myself every morning. I ask myself a reason for not letting me move on, I ask myself a purpose to stay this unhappy. I am often able to find myself answers to those questions, but unfortunately time never waits and life just goes on, despite one being happy or unhappy.

Every time I try to run back to where I thought I belong, I always find myself in tears, in fear, in pain, and alone.

Or, I simply just cry too much.