Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rapunzel Rapunzel Clip-in Hair Extensions-Received!

So I received my clip-in hair extensions a while ago and I didn't wait a second before I start clipping them in my hair.

Overview after opening:

  • I ordered Rapunzel Rapunzel's Euro Clip-in hair extension in the color of Dark Auburn. The clip-in hair extensions are not as thick as I thought they would be but the hair quality is very nice, very soft and smooth. Unfortunately the color does not really match my own hair color so there I decided to dye the extensions to my hair color.

Try-on before dyeing:
As you can see, because of the mismatch of the two hair colors, the extensions didn't blend in as well as they should but it should be an easy fix. The only problem now is that my hair is so naturally thin, it gets a little tricky to hide all the clips under my natural hair.

Overview After Dyeing:
  • So I used the smallest piece of hair extension to try on some hair dyeing product that I often use on my own hair. I am surprised that even after two try the color does not seem to change a bit close to my own color. Even worse, instead of the staying straight, the hair extensions actually become wavy/curly after one gentle wash with warm water and conditioner. And to my surprise, some of the hair even fell off from the clip.

I guess I have paid $60 bucks to learn that I should really adore my short hair. I will continue to experiment these hair extensions but I doubt I will ever wear them until I figure out how to make the color and straightness match my own hair.